Friday, March 21, 2008

JOURNAL#10

Last weekend, one of my roommates held a pot luck party to invite her friends and coworkers to our home to have dinner together. And it was my first time to hear this word pot luck which means a gathering of people where each person is expected to bring a dish of food to be shared among the group. At the time that I received the invitation from my roommate, I started to wonder what kind of dish I can bring to this party. Apparently, I am not at cooking at all. Therefore, I decided to bring the salad to the pot luck party and went to the supermarket to get the lettuce and some different kinds of dressing. The party started at around 8 clock and people just came in succession and we just to grab some food and drink to enjoy the Saturday's night. I am glad to meet these new friends and also able to practice English with the native speakers.

No comments: