Sunday, February 24, 2008

Journal#6 Earthquake

There was a devastating earthquake which happened in 1999 and caused an incredible damage to Taiwan. This significant event impressed me a lot with it's remarkble power of the earthquake and the disater it resulted in. At that time, I was a middle school student and the date of earthquake was September 21th. There reason why I could remember this day clearly was because my school had a graduated trip in the same day. The earthquake happened at midnight. I could feel the shake of earthquake but I thought it may not that serious and just kept sleeping. Beacuse Taiwan is located between two faults. We are used to the sitaution when the earthquake happened. The next morning, we still followed the schedule of graduated trip;however, w were on our way to the destination and we were informed to stop the journey and went back to school. It was because the road collapsed by the falling stones from the mountain side and the middle part of Taiwan still along with some small earthquake. For ous safety,it's better to cancel the trip. After went back home and turned on the tv and saw some frightening pictures and realized the serious consequsence. It was the significant event that took place in my lifetime.

No comments: